"For us, the ultimate appliance is one that gets used every day."
-John O'Brien, 1927-2003
When 4-1 pony Peter Pan finished first in the 1932 Melbourne Cup, radio salesman Bill O'Brien and engineer Harry Norville invested their winnings in starting their dream company, Breville Radio. The word "Breville" is derived from the founder's names, O'Brien and Norville. During World War II, Breville helped the Allied troops by manufacturing mine detectors. Later with radio's popularity waning to television by the late 1950s, Breville turned its focus to small appliances.
Bill's son, John O'Brien, showed a passionate interest in growing the small Australian appliance company. He founded the Breville Research and Development center in 1972. Two years later, Breville introduced the world's first scissor-action sandwich maker. The first year this Snack 'n' Sandwich Toaster sold 400,000 units-one of the most successful product launches in Australian history.
Today, from New Zealand to the UK, toasted sandwiches are still affectionately called "Brevilles," so much so that the term has been added to the Australian dictionary. The sandwich maker's success was soon followed by the iconic Kitchen Wizz food processor, together with a range of high-performance, time-saving appliances such as blenders, dairy bars, yogurt makers, and waffle irons. By the early 1980s Breville had established an office in Hong Kong and was exporting its innovations to fifteen countries.
During the 1990s, Breville's hometown of Sydney was quickly becoming the world's most multicultural city with a craving for fresh, healthy foods and a taste for Mediterranean and Asian cuisine. Breville's revolutionary innovations like the high-wall heating electric wok, the health grill, panini press, and award-winning Juice Fountain, and espresso machines, brought Sydney's "Café Culture" to millions of homes around the world. In 2001, Breville's merger with Australian kitchenware company HWI helped support the expansion of Breville's Centre of Design Excellence and bring Breville design and innovation to North America.
About Breville® Products
Australian-produced Breville launched their world-acclaimed products in the United States in 2003. The unique combination of genuine innovation and beautiful design has resonated strongly with U.S. consumers.
The Breville Die-Cast Series sets the standard in no compromise performance and durability. It's the new generation of heavy-duty, professional-grade countertop appliances for the home chef with an eye for the finer things in life. These modern classics are both inspirational and indispensable. Boldly designed with cutting-edge innovation and high-performance features, this range is for people who want their kitchen to make a statement. Exceptional pieces in the Die-Cast Series include the Citrus Press, Espresso Maker, Panini Plus Press, and Juice Fountain Elite.
Die-Cast Juice Fountain Elite 800 JEXL
· Super efficient, 1,000 watt Italian-made electronic motor increases power under yield to maintain filter revolutions
· Dual speed for soft and hard fruits or vegetables
· 1.33 horsepower, 13,000 rpm at high speed for hard foods; 6,500 rpm low speed for soft
· 3-inch circular feed tube minimizes preparation and juicing time
· Brushed die-cast stainless steel housing and motor body
· Easy clean, dishwasher-safe parts
· 1 quart pitcher
· Extra large pulp container
· 1-year limited warranty, 3-year motor warranty
Die-Cast Citrus Press 800 CPXL
· QuadraFin die-cast aluminum juicing cone maximizes extraction on all sizes of citrus fruit from limes to grapefruits
· Innovative powered Active Arm action precisely places the fruit over the cone and easily powers down
· 2 stainless-steel filters for variable pulp control
· Brushed stainless die-cast steel housing and motor body
· Easy clean design featuring dishwasher-safe parts
· Drip-stop juice spot
· Soft grip handle
· Safety mechanism prevents juicing cone from rotating without the arm being lowered
· Dust cover and cord storage
Die-Cast Espresso Machine 800 ESXL
· Thermo block heating system
· 15 bar Italian made pump
· Dual wall crema system filters (single, double, and pod)
· Pre-brew function
· Auto-purge function (anti-burn)
· 2.2 liter removable illuminated water tank
· Extra large 4.5-inch mug cup clearance
· 1 liter capacity drip tray with full indicator
· Extra large cup warming plate
· Additional hot water function
· Commercial swivel steam wand with stainless-steel frothing attachment
Die-Cast Panini Plus Grill
· Heavy-duty die-cast arm with brushed stainless-steel body
· Patented grill lock mechanism allows you to safely use as a contact grill or an open side-by-side griddle
· Premium nonstick Quantanium scratch-resistant cooking surface
· Patented adjustable grilling height control mechanism
· Extra large capacity dishwasher-safe drip tray
· Patented adjustable bottom plate tilt dial
· Flat and ribbed plates
· Variable temperature control grills everything from panini sandwiches to steaks
· Temperature range of 350°F to 450°F which is 90°F hotter than the leading indoor grill
The Ikon Series is designed to complement the streamlined, uncluttered countertops of contemporary kitchens. Its refined form follows a simple, linear geometry that integrates perfectly with modern appliances. The "natural proportions" with brushed stainless-steel and soft-touch polymers make a stunning presentation in any restaurant or home kitchen. In-demand Ikon Series products include the 2-Slice and 4-Slice Toasters with digital viewers.
· 2- or 4-slot capacity
· Brushed stainless-steel design
· Unique "Lift and Look" feature allows you to view toast fully without resetting cycle
· "Toast Ready" sound alert
· LCD display with toasting progress indicator
· Extra-wide and deep self-centering toasting slots
· Bagel control setting
· High lift lever
· Reheat and defrost settings
· Cancel button
· Electronic browning control dial
· Removable crumb tray