Lodge's grill pan and press are solidly made of cast iron with porcelain-enamel finish for superior heat distribution and easy cleanup. Pre-seasoned. Porcelain enamel on the exterior with black matte porcelain on the interior creates cookware that is preferred for its natural heat-retentive qualities, durability and low maintenance.
Each porcelain enamel layer on the cast-iron pan and press is fired at high temperatures above 1200 degrees, cooled for hours to set the finish, then reapplied and fired again to produce the chip-resistant, long-life qualities unique to Lodge color cookware. The even-heating base and sidewalls of the grill pan and solid weight of the press seals in moistness for authentic grilled taste and texture. Create restaurant-style panini sandwiches without using an appliance. Use the pan to grill steaks, pork chops or hamburgers indoors; channels between the ridges drain grease for healthy meals. Safe on ceramic, induction, gas and electric stove tops and oven-safe (knob on the press is safe up to 400 degrees F).Product Features
- Durable ridges in the pan, plus the press create authentic grilled panini sandwiches
- The pan and the press are made of cast-iron, fired with porcelain enamel at temperatures above 1200 degrees F
- This precise process of porcelain enamel layering creates outstandingly strong cookware that is chip-resistant for durability and long life
- The even-heating base and sidewalls of the grill pan, plus the solid weight of the press seal in moistness for grilled taste and texture
- Create restaurant-style panini sandwiches without using an appliance
- Channels on the grill pan drain grease from steaks, pork chops and hamburgers for healthy meals
- Cast iron has been the preferred choice of chefs for centuries due to its even heating, superior heat retention and consistent level of browning
- Lodge cast iron cookware is America's original cookware, first introduced in 1896. Utilizing a privately-held metal formula and quality raw materials, precision molds create pans to exacting wall thickness
- Lodge maintains high quality standards throughout the manufacturing process. Even heating, heat retention, durability and healthfulness in cooking are the outstanding benefits of Lodge color cast-iron cookware.