Designed by Ken Onion, this Shun Classic 4" paring knife
is the chef's tool of choice, combining the functionality of a parer and the creativity of a bird's beak knife. Quickly peel, mince, slice with the unique blade sweep and instant release of this paring knife. With an expertly-designed shape for precision cuts, this Damascus-clad blade easily carves fruits and vegetables for garnishes and as appetizers, performing tournee cuts with ease. This extra-sharp VG-10 super steel core is clad on each side with 16 micro-thin layers of high-carbon steel for ultimate balance and control.
This Shun paring knife
is the superior tool for quick food preparation and presentation. Slice thick-skinned vegetables and fruit, leaving the slices in perfect form and the centers intact. The ebony-black PakkaWood D-shaped handle ensures a firm, stable grip in the hand. With the full tang, this paring knife performs a smooth, efficient cut. Hand wash. Handcrafted in Japan. Lifetime manufacturer warranty.
Designed by the award-winning Asian custom knife maker, Ken Onion, Shun Ken Onion tools continue the legacy of the sword smiths of ancient Japan. Handcrafted by highly-skilled specialists, maintaining the tradition of cutlery excellence.Product Features
- Extra-sharp to expertly peel, mince, chop or slice
- Precision tip to create tournee cuts, garnishes and appetizers
- Specially-designed Damascus-clad blade maximizes glide for smooth release
- Clad with 16 micro-thin layers of high-carbon stainless-steel on each side, this VG-10 stainless "super steel" holds a sharp edge
- Durable Pakkawood handle is D-shaped to prevent the knife from twisting in the hand, and ensure a firm and stable grip
- Full tang construction for stability and long-life performance
- Award-winning knife designer Ken Onion by Shun continues the 700-year-old tradition of delivering the finest Asian cutlery