Wide and shallow to expose more ingredients, this Lodge Logic
enameled cast-iron casserole ensures the golden-crisp browning of casseroles, au gratins, baked Italian or Latin entrees. The superior heat-retentive qualities of cast-iron with smooth white porcelain interior for easy release and cleanup. Two layers of hard, glossy porcelain-enamel create an exterior that is a chip-resistant, eliminating the need to season this durable cast-iron 3-qt. casserole dish
. The porcelain-enamel layer is fired at high temperatures, cooled for hours to set the finish, then reapplied and fired again to produce the long-life qualities unique to Lodge enameled cookware.
This covered cast-iron casserole heats evenly throughout the bottom and up the side walls, providing consistent cooking and baking. Retains heat to reduce the amount of energy needed for cooking, and allow easy serving on the table. Tight-fitting lid with stainless-steel knob seals in moisture, ensuring flavorful, nutrient-rich meals.
From America's original cookware company, this Lodge enameled cast-iron casserole provides a healthy alternative to nonstick cooking. This Lodge Logic casserole is safe to use on gas, electric, ceramic, glass top and induction cooktops, in the oven to 450 F for cooking or baking or to marinate, refrigerate or freeze. Transport easily using the dual handles. Hand wash.
Originating in Tennessee in 1896, Lodge remains family owned more than 115 years later. Makers of the finest cast-iron cookware, the even heating, superior heat retention and stick-resistant qualities of cast iron makes Lodge cookware a favorite of professional chefs.Product Features
- The superior conductivity and heat retention of cast-iron with durable porcelain-enamel exterior and smooth glossy interior for nonstick release
- Wide and shallow dish allows the golden crisp browning of casseroles, au gratins, baked Italian or Latin entrees
- Heats evenly throughout the bottom and up the side walls, providing consistent cooking and baking
- Reduces cooking time for energy efficiency
- Durable porcelain-enamel exterior layer is fired at high temperatures, allowed to cool and set the finish, then reapplied and fired again to maintain the long-life chip-resistant qualities
- Smooth glossy white porcelain interior provides a healthy alternative to nonstick cooking
- Ready to use--no seasoning required
- Tight-fitting lid with stainless-steel knob seals in moisture and nutrients
- Excellent presentation on the table, retaining heat for serving
- Transport easily using the dual handle
- Oven-safe to 450 F
- Safe for electric, gas, ceramic, glass top and induction cooktops
- Lodge Cast Iron is America's original cookware company, introducing cast-iron skillets and Dutch ovens in 1896. Lodge maintains high quality standards throughout the manufacturing process, and is the recipient of numerous awards for environmentally-responsible manufacturing.