- 4" Paring Knife
- 6 1/2" Utility knife
- 8" Chef's Knife
- 9" Bread knife
- 9" Honing Steel
- Kitchen/Herb Shears
- 11-Slot Bamboo Block
The essential starter set, unprecedented in the history of Japanese blade performance. This Shun Premier 7-piece knife block set with striking, hammered-tsuchime finish ensures ultra-smooth release and precision accuracy for high-speed prep. Handcrafted convex-ground edge moves food away from blade to chop, slice, dice and mince with clean, precise strokes. Shun's 16 degree extreme edge is ground thinner for razor sharpness, ensuring delicate fruits and vegetables remain intact for perfect presentation. This tapered edge holds a sharp edge longer.
Shun knives, clad with 32 layers of high-carbon stainless-steel pattern Damascus and VG-10 super-steel core are the cutlery tools professional chefs reach for in the kitchen. Paring knife with precision tip peels, minces, slices and creates garnishes with record speed. Utility knife pierces and slices cleanly through thick-skinned vegetables and rind of roasts without tearing. The hardworking chef's knife is the gourmet's necessity to mince, dice, chop and slice with ultra-fast accuracy. Slicing soft sandwich bread or hard-crusted artisan loaves, the bread knife cuts quickly, leaving moist centers intact.
With the sharpening steel and kitchen/herb shears, a professional chef has every tool for restaurant-quality preparation and presentation. Ebony-black PakkaWood handles with glove-fitting grip and full tang ensure long-life balance and durability. Stain- and rust-resistant cutlery blades. Durable 11-slot bamboo storage block. Hand wash tools. Made in Japan. Lifetime manufacturer warranty
Award-winning knife designer Shun continues the 700-year-old tradition of delivering the finest Asian cutlery.Product Features
- Shun Premier striking hammered-tsuchime finish creates tiny pockets of air, virtual hollow-ground cavities that reduce drag for ultra-smooth release and high-speed precision prep
- Convex-ground edge moves food away from blade to chop, slice, dice and mince faster
- Razor-sharp, 16 degree extreme edge holds a sharp edge longer
- Clad with 32 layers of high-carbon stainless-steel pattern Damascus and VG-10 stainless Japanese "super steel"
- Full tang construction for balance and durability
- Stainless-steel bolster and end cap for superior safety and control
- Ergonomic ebony-black PakkaWood handle fits like a glove with a thumb and forefinger sure-grip control for comfortable handling without twisting
- Durable 11-slot bamboo block
- The Shun 700-year legacy continues with this high-performance Japanese blade cutlery set