The wide and shallow design of this Le Creuset 3-qt. oval au gratin dish provides maximum exposure to create delicious golden-crisp flavor. Ideal for side dishes, entrees and desserts, the cast-iron allows uniform heating, ensuring breadcrumb, cheese or brown sugar toppings crisp evenly. The rich culinary legacy of Le Creuset is recreated with this 3-quart au gratin porcelain-enameled cast-iron cookware. Introduced in French restaurants in the 1930s, the oval au gratin provides exceptional heat retention, promotes faster cooking times and keeps food warmer longer on the table. Scalloped easy-grip handle design is a tribute to Le Creuset's early Heritage Collection.
Expertly enameled with a vitreous, glossy-porcelain enamel coating that distinguishes Le Creuset from all other cookware, the durable surface of this cast-iron baking dish
is scratch- and stain- resistant to retain the beautifully vibrant color and smooth finish. The Le Creuset oval au gratin attractively goes from oven or stove top to the table, and easily stores in the refrigerator. Extremely durable cookware is resistant to chips and cracking. Nonporous-enameled surface will not stain, absorb moisture or retain odors. Suitable for gas, electric, ceramic, halogen, induction, grill, broiler, oven and stove top. Dishwasher-safe.
Le Creuset is consistently chosen by leading chefs, restaurateurs and home connoisseurs for its cooking advantages, performance and style. Bright color choices are the signature style at Le Creuset to enliven your world of serving and entertaining. The best gourmet meals deserve the cooking finesse of Le Creuset. Preferred by chefs for overall strength and durability, Le Creuset cast-iron cookware is handcrafted by skilled artisans in France.Product Features
- Originally created for French restaurants in the 1930s, this original Heritage design, cast-iron Le Creuset au gratin adds golden-crisp flavor
- Wide and shallow design provides maximum exposure for even browning
- Le Creuset porcelain-enameled cast-iron cookware is fired at 2,156 F, creating a nonporous exterior that is resistant to chips, cracks and scratches
- Superior heat conduction allows faster cooking times, ensuring all ingredients cook evenly
- Exceptional heat retention of Le Creuset keeps food warmer longer on the table
- Smooth, easy-clean porcelain-enameled surface will not retain food odors
- Foods will not react with the enameled finish
- Scalloped handles represent the early generation of Le Creuset Heritage collection
- Bold and dynamic colors match Le Creuset enameled cast iron cookware
- For nearly a century, Le Creuset has consistently been the preferred choice of chefs around the world for its cooking advantages, performance and style