This heavy-gauge Lodge seasoned carbon-steel skillet is professional quality. The latest in Lodge's arsenal of cooking equipment, pres-seasoned and ready to use, this fry pan
is high-heat tough, with the outstanding ability to heat quickly and retain hot temperatures. With the 12-gauge thickness, this pre-seasoned steel skillet
is the professional's choice for sealing in distinctive flavors, moistness and nutrients. Searing chicken breasts, browning meats, braising vegetables or preparing blackened seafood, nonreactive oven- and broiler-safe carbon steel is unsurpassed for consistent cooking performance. Excellent for deglazing, with the high-heat tolerance to create Veal Marsala, rich Beurre Blanc or flavorful Red Wine sauce and finish entrees in the oven. The smooth surface of this fry pan is ideal for sauteing fresh vegetables or baking Alaskan halibut steak with a creamy dill sauce, ensuring nonstick release.
With the low-sided edge, this Lodge seasoned carbon-steel skillet is perfectly designed to cook crepes or omelettes, add the crispness to hash browns or Lyonnaise potatoes, with the ease of flipping single-handedly. Equally versatile for low-heat cooking, this skillet maintains low temperatures, ideal for poaching eggs or seafood. The more you use this fry pan, the easier the release, creating a nonstick finish that continually improves with use. Steel plans are identified by the type of finish: carbon, blue or black. The Lodge pre-seasoned finish is black, the color derived from the cured soybean oil.
Gourmet chefs tested the functionality of this carbon steel skillet in their own professional kitchens. From the thickness of the cooking surface and density of the metal, to the handle angle, this fry pan is the natural preference in the kitchen. Handle is triple-riveted for long-life durability, and patterned after Lodge's signature teardrop handle from their cast-iron cookware line. Suitable for all cooktops, including induction and durable for campfire cooking. With regular maintenance, this fry pan will last a lifetime. Made in the USA.
Lodge created America's original cast-iron cookware, introduced in 1896. Upholding their high standards of excellence in cookware, Lodge has developed the carbon-steel skillet, manufactured in America to exacting standards, durably constructed for daily use in professional kitchens and by home gourmets.Product Features
- Unsurpassed cooking performance of carbon steel browns, sears, braises and deglazes to gourmet perfection
- High-heat tough, with the outstanding ability to heat quickly and retain temperature
- With the 12-gauge thickness, this pre-seasoned steel skillet seals in flavors, moistness and nutrients
- Nonreactive oven- and broiler-safe carbon steel is unsurpassed for consistent cooking performance
- Seals food on the surface, resulting in the carmelization of natural juices (the Maillard reaction)
- Smooth pan surface is ideal for saut?ing vegetables or baking seafood with sauce
- Low-sided edge allows easy flipping of crepes or omelettes
- Even-heating carbon steel adds the golden crispness to hash browns or Lyonnaise potatoes
- Excellent for low-heat cooking to poach eggs or seafood
- Nonstick performance improves over time, the more the pan is used, the easier food releases
- Steel handle is triple-riveted for long-life durability
- Tested by chefs, the superior functionality, density and ergonomic-angled handle establishes this pan as a preferred choice in the gourmet's kitchen
- With regular maintenace, this pan will last a lifetime
- Family owned for four generations, Lodge upholds high standard of excellence in their traditional and innovative cookware for professional chefs, home gourmets, and campfire cooks alike