Unlike heavy cleavers used for butchering, the 7" Wusthof Classic Cleaver
is lighter in weight with a thinner blade. With plenty of width for chopping through large vegetables including cabbage, lettuce and squash, plus boneless meats, the 7" cleaver is ideal for quick, efficient kitchen prep. Handcrafted in Germany, the Wusthof Classic cleaver is precision forged from a single piece of specially tempered high-carbon rust-free steel for exceptional strength, then skillfully honed by hand to razor sharpness. The tapered 14-degree cutting edge on each side of the meat cleaver ensures seamless, effortless slicing without a heavy drag when preparing stir-fries, chicken and fish dishes and vegetable trays.
Hand-buffed virtually indestructible full tang handle is triple-riveted for superior strength and durability and ensures a firm, comfortable grip for smooth maneuverability. Wusthof Classic cleaver inner ring anode safeguards rivets from rust. A slight curve enhances the balance of the ultra-sharp blade that sharpens easily and holds an edge. Signature to Wusthof cutlery is the precision bolster, allowing the heft and balance for expert gourmet food preparation. New Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) has increased sharpness by 20% with twice the edge retention.
Handmade in Germany since 1814, Wusthof cutlery is prized by the world's best chefs for restaurant and home cooking. Crafted in the world's "Cutlery Capital" of Solingen, Germany, the 7" cleaver bears the Wusthof name and the Trident logo. Today's Wusthof state-of-the-art facilities ensure the legendary quality of old-world craftsmanship while benefitting from modern production methods.
- Plenty of width for chopping through large vegetables and boneless meats
- Lightweight with thinner blade instead of the thicker, heavier cleavers normally used for butchering
- Precision-forged blade from one piece of Wusthof's own specially tempered high-carbon steel for superior strength
- Precision hand-honed cutting edge is incredibly sharp and easy to maintain
- Computer-controlled grinding and polishing yields precise tapering of blade
- 14-degree cutting edge on each side ensures seamless, effortless slicing without a heavy drag
- 58 Rockwell hardness for long-lasting durability
- Special alloyed steel resists stains and rust
- New Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) has increased sharpness by 20% with twice the edge retention
- Completely hygienic, impact-resistant polymer handle is buffed and polished by hand
- Ergonomically designed handle offers a smooth, comfortable grip for either hand
- Handle secured to tang with 3 distinctive stainless-steel rivets
- Patented inner ring anode prevents rust around the rivets and along entire tang
- Signature bolster/finger guard accounts for the solid balance and heft
- Hand wash
- Limited lifetime warranty