For ultra-efficient prep, one set includes the high-end performance of a Wusthof Classic 7-inch Santoku and Asian knife sharpener to maintain the razor-sharp cutting edge. Asian-style santoku has the heft and accuracy to dice, chop slice or mince potatoes, onions, cabbage or carrots. With the hollow edge, this Wusthof knife creates air pockets to prevent sticking, ensuring food falls instantly away from the blade for smooth, uninterrupted prep. Works with equal ease to cut thick-stalk vegetables, such as celery, broccoli, cauliflower and kohlrabi, with split-second precision. The wide blade of this Wusthof knife ensures easy transfer from cutting board to pan or bowl.
Engineered in the style of cutlery used by Japanese chefs for centuries, this Wusthof 7-inch santoku slices meats deli-thin for sandwiches, creates strips for stir fry or fajitas and quickly trims uniform pieces for stews and soups. Precision-forged from of a single piece of Wusthof's own high-carbon stainless-steel, this is the knife every seasoned chef prefers in the kitchen. Precision bolster allows cutting and sharpening along the entire edge, and use of the full blade heel. Triple compression rivets attach the high-impact handle securely to the full tang for superior balance and maneuverability. Hand wash. 7"L. Made in Germany. Lifetime manufacturer warranty.
This Wusthof knife and sharpener set includes the blade-specific Asian knife sharpener to maintain a razor-sharp edge on santoku and nakiri knives. Two-stage manual knife sharpener has sharpening rods that are pre-set at the correct angles for Asian blades. The first stage carbide slot (coarse) resets a dull blade. Second stage ceramic slot (fine) finishes the edge to honed, polished sharpness. Wipe clean.
Since 1814, Wusthof has created cutlery that is the preference of chefs worldwide. In keeping with their tradition of quality, Wusthof presents quality-made storage blocks to keep your expensive cutlery investment in outstanding condition for a lifetime.Santoku Product Features
Asian-Edge Sharpener Product Features
- Asian-style blade allows precision slicing, chopping, dicing and mincing of vegetables, fruits and meats
- Hollow edge creates air pockets, preventing foods from sticking to blade
- Wide blade accurately and easily chops bulkier and thick-stalk vegetables
- Allows transfer of food from chopping board to pan or bowl
- Precision-forged, high-carbon, stainless-steel blade retains a sharp edge longer
- Cuts paper-thin slices for salads, juliennes for casseroles, without food sticking to the blade
- Slices and releases deli-thin meat for sandwiches or platters, cuts strips for stir fry or fajita, and trims uniform pieces for stew or soup
- Precision bolster allows sharpening the entire edge of the blade
- Ergonomic handle fits either hand for firm cutting control
- Triple compression rivets attach handle to the full tang for superior balance and maneuverability
- Handmade in Germany since 1814, Wusthof cutlery is prized by the world's top chefs
- Restores santoku, nakiri and Asian-style knife blades to razor-sharp condition
- Sharpening rods are pre-set at the correct angles for Asian-style blades
- Two-stage system: coarse carbide and fine ceramic rods set and finish the edge
- Safe and efficient to use
- Soft-grip handle and nonskid rubber feet for stability
- Durable molded plastic housing
- Compact design for easy storage