The most innovative and efficient German-engineered knife for prep, the Wusthof Gourmet 8-inch Chef's knife with ridge ensures ultra-smooth slice and release. Deflecting ridge pushes away food, while holes create pockets of air to release, significantly reducing drag and friction. Slice, chop, dice and mince exactly. Ingredients slide off the blade. Laser-cut from a single piece of high-carbon rust-free steel, this Wusthof ridge knife features a sharp definitive point to pierce cleanly and exactly, and keep delicate interiors intact. The Wusthof ridge knife penetrates tough-skinned vegetables, fruits, melons and breads, using minimal pressure. Prevents crushing of interiors and exteriors for excellent presentation. With a slightly-curved angle and wider blade, the Wusthof ridge knife is an advanced chef's knife, allowing the rocking motion and instant release to prep with the proficiency of a professional chef. Slice vegetables paper thin, julienne strips, segment or wedge citrus or fruit, and create hors d'oeuvres with this multi-use vegetable knife.
Signature to the Wusthof cutlery is the precision bolster, allowing the perfect balance to perform quick, uniform cuts. Triple-compression rivets attach the high-impact handle to the full tang for superior strength and maneuverability. Inner ring anodes safeguard rivets from rust. Precision-stamped high-carbon stainless-steel. Hand wash. 8"L blade. Made in Germany. Lifetime manufacturer warranty.
Since 1814, knives bearing the Wusthof name and the Trident logo have been crafted in the world's "Cutlery Capital", Solingen, Germany. Today, in a state-of-the-art facility, that tradition of quality is ensured as old-world craftsmanship meets 21st century production methods.Product Features
- Deflecting ridge pushes away food from the blade, while holes create pockets of air, significantly reducing drag and friction
- Ingredients slide off the blade, ensuring instant, smooth release
- Laser-cut from a single piece of high-carbon, rust-free steel, this ridge knife is German engineered for precision prep
- Sharp definitive point pierces cleanly and exactly, keeping delicate interiors intact
- Penetrates tough-skinned vegetables, fruits, melons and breads using minimal pressure, retaining interior and exterior shape for excellent presentation
- With the slightly-curved angle and wider blade, this knife is an advanced chef's knife, allowing the rocking motion and release to prep like a professional chef
- Cut paper-thin vegetable slices for salads, segment citrus or fruit, julienne for stir fry and create decorative hors d'oeuvres
- Precision-stamped high-carbon stainless-steel is stain-resistant
- Precision bolster allows the perfect balance to perform quick, uniform cuts
- Triple-compression rivets feature inner ring anodes to safeguard from rust
- Handmade in Germany since 1814, Wusthof cutlery is prized by the world's top chef