You'll appreciate three of the most versatile Shun knives for your culinary tasks all in one handy professional-styled set. The 3-Piece Shun Premier Knife Set includes the 4" paring knife, 6 1/2" utility knife and 8" chef's knife, which you'll undoubtedly use every time you cook. Perfect for peeling, trimming and making decorative cuts in vegetables and fruits, the 4" pairing knife quickly chops and dices smaller foods like shallots, chives and garlic. The 6 1/2" utility knife offers you the best in trimming, slicing and dicing produce like onions and zucchini and smaller cuts of meat. Outstanding for dicing, slicing and chopping with rocking cuts, the 8" chef's knife is indispensible for preparing thick meats, tough-skinned produce and even delicate herbs.
The Shun proprietary VG-MAX core blade with 68 outer layers (34 per side) of stainless-steel holds an incredibly sharp edge longer. The hammered tsuchime finish features a hollow-ground pattern that reduces drag and prevents foods from sticking to the blades. The Shun Premier knife set is stain- and rust-resistant with razor-sharp beveled edges for superior cutting performance. Walnut PakkaWood handles are infused with a water-resistant resin and contours to comfortably nestle in the hand. Beautiful Shun knives take at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete and resemble hand-forged knives of ancient Japan. Elegantly boxed for gift giving or storage.
The preeminent blade manufacturer in Japan, Shun introduced its exquisitely styled and exceptionally sharp Japanese-style knives to American kitchens in 2002. Compared to European and Western knives, the Shun 3-piece knife set is less bulky with hand-hammered, thinner blades honed to superior sharpness. The Shun Premier knife set reflects Shun's renowned craftsmanship and centuries-old Japanese knife making traditions.Product Features
- Resembling ancient hand-forged Japanese knives, the beautiful Shun Premier knife set takes at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete
- Shun proprietary VG-MAX core blade features 68 outer layers (34 per side) of stainless-steel for superior edge retention
- Layered Damascus cladding supports the core and provides additional stain resistance
- Hand-sharpened 16-degree double-beveled blade is razor-sharp
- Hammered tsuchime finish with hollow-ground pattern reduces drag and prevents foods from sticking to the blade
- Undulating line near blade's edge resembles the clay-baked, tempered hamon of samurai swords
- Rockwell Hardness rating of 61 safeguards a superior sharp edge
- Handsome walnut PakkaWood handle is infused with a water-resistant resin for long-lasting durability
- Bottom contour of the handle ensures a smooth comfortable, firm grip
- Full composite tang construction adds stability
- Stainless-steel bolster and embossed end cap for ultimate safety and control
- NSF approved*
- Hand wash
- Limited lifetime warranty
*The National Sanitation Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit organization that employs stringent sanitation standards in evaluating food equipment for commercial use.