The 3 1/2" Scalloped Wusthof Classic Paring Knife
is the ultimate kitchen tool for slicing through tough skins of fruits and vegetables and leaving the soft interiors intact. The thinner precision-scalloped, serrated blade edge delivers exceptional cutting and reduces drag to pierce quickly and slice accurately. The long, scalloped edge on this Wusthof Classic paring knife is ultra sharp for tackling thicker skins on cucumbers, zucchini and citrus fruits. Versatile for all types of gourmet food preparations, the micro-serrations allow for ultra-close peeling without additional force and also finely mince delicate foods like cilantro and chives.
The Wusthof Classic
cutlery line is precision forged from a single piece of specially tempered high-carbon, rust-free steel for exceptional strength, then skillfully honed twice by hand to razor sharpness. The parer is tempered to the optimum 58 degrees Rockwell hardness for long-lasting durability. Hand-buffed virtually indestructible full tang handle is triple-riveted for superior strength and ensures a firm, comfortable grip for smooth maneuverability. Inner ring anode safeguards rivets from rust. A slight curve enhances the balance of the ultra-sharp blade that sharpens easily and holds an edge.
Signature to Wusthof cutlery is the precision bolster, allowing the heft and balance to chop, mince or dice to exact specifications. Engineered with new Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) and skillfully honed twice for 20% increased superior sharpness and twice the edge retention. With the precision-sharp point, the Wusthof Classic paring knife quickly pierces skin or rind, stems effortlessly and performs fine-detailed work to prepare garnishes or appetizers.
Handmade in Germany since 1814, Wusthof cutlery is prized by the world's best chefs for restaurant and home cooking. Crafted in the world's "Cutlery Capital" of Solingen, Germany, the Classic knives bear the Wusthof name and the Trident logo. Today's Wusthof state-of-the-art facilities ensure the legendary quality of old-world craftsmanship while benefitting from modern production methods.Product Features
- Scalloped edge with micro-serrations cuts through the tough exterior of small fruits and vegetables without crushing the soft interior
- Parer micro-serrations allow ultra-close peeling of produce
- Shaves only the outer skin, leaving more flesh intact
- Precision-sharp point quickly pierces skin or rind, stems and allows pinpoint accuracy to create garnishes or appetizers
- Forged from a single piece of high-carbon steel, tempered to 58 degree Rockwell for durability
- Precision hand-honed edges are incredibly sharp and easy to maintain
- Computer-controlled grinding and polishing yields precise tapering of blade
- Special alloyed steel resists stains and rust
- New Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) has increased sharpness by 20% with twice the edge retention
- Completely hygienic, impact-resistant polymer handle is buffed and polished by hand
- Ergonomically designed handle offers a smooth, comfortable grip for either hand
- Handle secured to tang with 3 distinctive stainless-steel rivets
- Patented inner ring anode prevents rust around the rivets and along entire tang
- Signature bolster/finger guard accounts for the solid balance and control
- Embossed with the Wusthof logo
- Hand wash
- Lifetime warranty