Surprisingly multifunctional, the 6" Shun Sora Ultimate Utility Knife
effortlessly slices delicate thin-skinned fruits and vegetables and can be used for chopping and slicing. Designed also to work as a sandwich or bread knife, the ultimate knife
's gentle "low-frequency" serrations make sure breads don't tear or squash. With a wide blade and rounded tip, the utility knife is also perfect for spreading mayo, mustard and other condiments.
Made by one of Japan's leading knife manufacturers, the Shun Sora ultimate knife can be used as a sandwich knife because it is a pro at slicing ingredients for sandwiches, including tomatoes, avocados, meats and cheeses. The lightweight utility knife is undoubtedly versatile every time you cook and will become a favorite in your kitchen.
In Japanese, Sora means "sky" and the sky's the limit in your kitchen prep with Shun's stunning new Sora line with exceptional handcrafted quality. Sora's innovative Composite Blade Technology blends a VG10 san mai
cutting edge with a mirror-polished 420J Japanese stainless-steel upper blade. The laser-cut blade sections are permanently braze welded for a design with an attractive wavy pattern at the joint resembling traditional Japanese sword hamon lines. This puts high-performance material where it's needed -- on the 16-degree, double-bevel blade edge. Shun knives
designed the Ultimate Utillity Knife's wide "low-frequency" serrations to glide through any cutting task easily with equal forward and back stroke cutting power. The textured PP/TPE polymer blend handle lends contemporary styling and a secure grip for balanced, agile control.
Shun cutlery proudly takes its name from the Japanese culinary tradition of preparing and eating the very freshest food at the perfect shun
moment, in harmony with nature's seasonal rhythms. The Shun brand, made by Kai Corporation, one of Japan's preeminent blade manufacturers, introduced its exquisitely styled and exceptionally sharp Japanese-style knives to American kitchens in 2002. Compared to European and Western knives, Shun knives have lighter, thinner blades made of harder steel and honed to superior sharpness. The ultimate utility knife reflects Shun's renowned craftsmanship and centuries-old Japanese knife making traditions.Product Features
- Multitasking knife trims, slices and chops produce and glides through thick sandwiches
- Wide, razor-sharp serrations slice through sandwiches with no tearing, ripping or squashing
- Wide blade with rounded tip also spreads mayo, mustard and other condiments
- Beautifully handcrafted in Japan
- Hand-sharpened 16-degree, double-bevel blade (32-degree comprehensive)
- Proprietary Composite Blade Technology blends a VG10 san mai cutting edge with a mirror-polished 420J Japanese stainless-steel upper
- San mai construction clads VG10 carbon steel with a single layer of stainless-steel on each side
- Bead blasting enhances the look of the san mai edge
- Laser-cut blade sections are permanently braze welded
- Joint's handsome wavy pattern resembles traditional Japanese sword hamon lines
- High-performance materials focus strength and precision on the cutting edge
- Easy-care textured PP/TPE polymer full-tang handle for a secure grip and balanced, agile control
- Stain- and rust-resistant and holds a fine edge
- Hand wash
- Limited 10-year warranty