The go-to multipurpose knife for chefs around the world, the Shun Classic Asian Chef's Knife
offers precision control for slicing through thick meats and melon rinds to mincing smaller fruits and vegetables. The Shun Classic line features the distinctive Damascus-clad blade profile that ensures superior strength and reduces sticking. The VG-MAX steel core blade is clad in 34 outer layers of stainless-steel on each side with double beveled edge ground to a 16-degree angle each side, for long-lasting razor sharpness. With clean, effortless cutting, the Japanese chef knife's prevents tearing of foods and reduces hand fatigue. Full composite tang construction adds stability to the stain-resistant and corrosion-resistant Shun Classic Asian chef's knife.
Handcrafted in Japan as a type of cutlery art form, Shun Classic Damascus stainless-steel knives blend tasteful, contemporary designs with razor-sharp, ultra-durable blade performance and incredible edge retention.Product Features
- VG-MAX "super steel" core holds an incredibly sharp edge longer
- Super steel is clad in 34 layers of Damascus stainless-steel (per side)
- Blade's distinctive moire pattern helps ensure superior strength and less drag when cutting
- Rockwell Hardness rating of 61 provides a superior sharp edge
- Razor-sharp, long-lasting edge is ground to 16-degree angle on both sides
- D-shaped handle design for supreme comfort and control
- Full composite tang construction adds stability and balance
- Stain- and rust-resistant
- NSF approved*
- Presentation box included
- Hand washing recommended
- Limited lifetime warranty
*The National Sanitation Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit organization that employs stringent sanitation standards in evaluating food equipment for commercial use.