The secret to a great pie is gentle even baking. This Emile Henry pie dish ensures the even heating that provides the gentle baking from the edge to the center and up to the rim for flawless pies. With proprietary Burgundy clay handcrafted by skilled artisans in France, this pie plate is worthy of every handpicked fruit and carefully whipped creme topping. This Emile Henry ruffled pie dish
features a delightfully scalloped edge, reminiscent of the edge created when pie dough is fluted or crimped by hand. This deep wavy decorative edge adds the professional pastry chef's touch for restaurant-style, showcase presentation. Durable, thermal-resistant composition enables this Emile Henry 9 inch pie dish to go from the freezer right into the oven. Remarkably durable, yet lightweight with the quality heat retention that delivers a hot meat pie, or savory casserole to the table and keeps entrée hot for serving.
The Emile Henry pie dish, like all Emile Henry oven-to-table ware, is naturally resistant to breakage. Expertly fired using 100% food-safe, lead-free and cadmium-free glaze, this pie dish is resistant to chipping, cracking, scratching and crazing. Attractive glaze and durable natural composition let you cut and serve right from the dish. Oven safe to 520 F and broiler safe. Microwave and freezer safe. Dishwasher safe. From Marcigny, France to your kitchen.
Founded in 1850 by the Henry family in France's mineral-rich Burgundy clay region, today Emile Henry is the largest manufacturer of ceramic ovenware in France and has established a worldwide reputation for crafting the finest quality ceramic culinary products. Skilled artisans meticulously oversee the forming, casting, glazing and firing of each hand-finished Emile Henry piece to deliver perfection to your kitchen and table.Product Features
- Handcrafted of France's mineral-rich Burgundy clay, this pie dish provides the superior uniform heating and retention to bake pie evenly
- Even distribution of heat from the edge to the center and up to the rim ensures flawless fruit pie, cream pie and savory meat pie
- Ideal to bake and serve shepherd's pie or casserole
- Scalloped design creates the decorative edge, eliminating crimping by hand
- Deep wavy edge adds the professional pastry chef's touch for beautiful oven-to-table presentation
- Resistant to thermal shock to go from freezer into the oven
- Resistant to breakage, chipping, cracking scratching and crazing
- Durable to cut and serve from the dish
- Food-safe, lead-free and cadmium-free glaze
- Founded in 1850 by the Henry family in France's Burgundy region, Emile Henry is known for crafting the finest quality ceramic culinary bakeware, ovenware and serveware