One Wusthof Gourmet knife combines the performance of 3 knives: santoku, cleaver and chef's knife for fast, accurate prep, plus hollow-edge performance for instant release. With the extremely sharp cutting edge, thick spine and wider blade, this kitchen cutlery tool has all the benefits of an Asian-style cleaver to butcher large cuts of meat. The Wusthof Hollow-Edge Chai Dao knife has the quick cutting performance of a santoku, with the perfect rocking motion to dice, chop, slice or mince potatoes, onions, cabbage or carrots. Cut thick stalks on vegetables, such as celery, broccoli, cauliflower and kohlrabi effortlessly. Slice vegetables paper-thin, julienne or slice meat in uniform strips for stir fry. Extra-wide blade allows knuckle clearance to quickly and comfortably perform any prep. The wide blade of this Gourmet Wusthof knife crushes ingredients, such as garlic cloves or herbs and ensures easy transfer from cutting board to pan.
This Wusthof Gourmet multipurpose kitchen knife is the breakfast-to-dinner workhorse. With the qualities of a chef's knife, the blade absorbs impact and the slight curve enhances balance. The Wusthof Chai Dao slices meats deli-thin to thick, cuts melons, roasts vegetables and fruits, maintaining extreme sharpness longer. Hollow-wedge creates the air pockets to ensure easy instant release.
Laser-cut from of a single piece of Wusthof's own rust-free, high-carbon steel, and laser-cut to exact specifications, this is the knife every seasoned chef loves using in the kitchen. Precision bolster allows cutting and sharpening along the entire edge, and use of the full blade to the heel. Triple riveted full tang for superior balance and maneuverability. Ergonomic handle ensures a comfortable grip. Hand wash. 7"L. Made in Germany. Lifetime manufacturer warranty.
Since 1814, Wusthof has created cutlery that is the preference of chefs worldwide. In keeping with their tradition of quality, Wusthof presents quality-made storage blocks to keep your expensive cutlery investment in outstanding condition for a lifetime.
• Asian-style, extremely sharp blade has the efficiency of the 3 most-used cutlery tools in the kitchen: santoku, chef’s knife and cleaver
• Wide blade of an Asian-style cleaver to butcher large cuts of meat
• Santoku-style blade with the heft and rocking motion to quickly dice, chop, mince or slice
• Versatility of a chef's knife to slice meat deli-thin to thick
• Quickly and easily slice paper-thin vegetables or julienne
• Slice meat in uniform strips for stir fry
• Allows knuckle clearance to comfortably perform any prep task
• Wide blade to crush garlic cloves or herbs and allow easy transfer from cutting board to pan
• Slice roasts, melons, vegetables or fruits
• High-carbon steel is laser-cut to exacting specifications
• Precision bolster allows cutting and sharpening along the entire edge and use of the full blade to the heel
• Full-tang, triple-riveted handle for superior balance and maneuverability
• Ergonomic handle fits either hand for firm cutting control
• Handmade in Germany since 1814, Wusthof cutlery is prized by the world's top chefs