Deliciously grills up everything from asparagus to salmon right on your stovetop, including panini sandwiches. Two pouring spouts and helper handle makes lifting and food transfer easy. Glossy porcelain enamel cast iron with a non-reactive finish doesn't require seasoning and builds up a patina to allow nearly 100% fat-free cooking. Enameled cast iron. Made in France. Dishwasher-safe.Product Features
- Molded of cast iron with an expertly enameled glossy porcelain coating
- Versatile for stovetop, oven and broiler
- Highest quality porcelain enamel coating is impermeable to odors and stains
- Foods will not react with the enameled finish
- Enjoy healthier cooking as deep ribs separate the fat from food
- Superior conduction of heat promotes faster cooking times
- Even distribution and retention of heat ensures cookware stays hot longer
- Suited for stovetops including electric, gas, ceramic, induction and halogen
- Safe for oven or broiler up to 400 F
The distinctive ribbed base of Le Creuset's grill pans allows the cook to enjoy the flavor of chargrilled meats, poultry, fish and vegetables. After a light greasing with oil, no further fat or oil is added, so one can also enjoy the benefits of low-fat cooking. Any fat that escapes from the food is held between the ribs of the base.
The deep-sided design prevents splattering onto the stovetop and the handy pouring lip directs cooking juices and excess fat away, if necessary. The pan can be "deglazed" after cooking with water, stock or wine so the flavors and juices of cooking can be served "au jus" with the dish.
To check that the grill is hot, scatter a few drops of cold water over the surface. If they evaporate almost immediately, the surface is hot enough.
Brush the ribs lightly with oil. The surface should not be smoking before the food is added. If it is, remove the pan from the heat and cool slightly before proceeding.
All meats, poultry, fish and vegetables should be dry" before cooking begins, otherwise they may stick to the ribs. Pat dry on kitchen towels. Marinated foods should also have the excess moisture patted dry.
Once placed on the ribbed surface, foods should not be moved immediately, otherwise the distinctive "char" lines will not be produced. Leave for 1-2 minutes to seal and sear the outside before turning over.