Handsome ridged cooking surface both grills and serves your favorite meats, sandwiches and vegetables. The ideal grill pan
for panini sandwiches; deep sides and two pour spouts make it equally perfect for burgers or bacon. Enjoy healthier cooking as deep ribs separate the fat from food. Pan is cast iron with a glossy porcelain enamel exterior and matte black porcelain enamel cooking surface that does not require seasoning and is easy to clean. Made in France. 6 lbs. 13"L x 8 1/2"W x 1"H. Product Features
- Molded of cast iron with an expertly enameled glossy porcelain coating
- Deep ribs separate the fat from food for healthier cooking
- Versatile for stovetop, oven and broiler
- Highest quality porcelain enamel coating is impermeable to odors and stains
Foods will not react with the enameled finish
- Easy-clean enamel surfaces are scratch-resistant
- Superior conduction of heat promotes faster grilling times
- Even distribution and retention of heat ensures grill stays hot longer
- Suited for stovetops including electric, gas, ceramic, induction and halogen
- Safe for oven or broiler up to 400 F
The distinctive ribbed base of Le Creuset's grill pans allows the cook to enjoy the flavor of chargrilled meats, poultry, fish and vegetables. After a light greasing with oil, no further fat or oil is added, so one can also enjoy the benefits of low-fat cooking. Any fat that escapes from the food is held between the ribs of the base.
The deep-sided design prevents splattering onto the stovetop and the handy pouring lip directs cooking juices and excess fat away. The pan can be "deglazed" after cooking with water, stock or wine so the flavors and juices of cooking can be served "au jus" with the dish.
To check that the grill is hot, scatter a few drops of cold water over the surface. If they evaporate almost immediately, the surface is hot enough.
All meats, poultry, fish and vegetables should be dry" before cooking begins, otherwise they may stick to the ribs. Pat dry on kitchen towels. Marinated foods should also have the excess moisture patted dry.
Once placed on the ribbed surface, foods should not be moved immediately, otherwise the distinctive "char" lines will not be produced. Leave for 1-2 minutes to seal and sear the outside before turning over.