Yellow Pepper Broth:
1) Over medium low heat sauté onions and garlic with the olive oil. Do not let any color develop.
2) Once the onions have softened add peppers. Stir a few times and then add the water.
3) Tie the lemon peel and lemon grass up in cheesecloth and add to the soup.
4) Bring the soup to a low simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
6) Remove from stove and throw out the cheesecloth. Blend the soup and then pass through a chinois.
7) Salt to taste.
Smoked Red Pepper Mousse:
1) Grill the pepper over high heat until skin begins to blister.
2) Smoke peppers over hickory wood chips for 1 minute.
3) Grill the peppers again and then remove the skins.
4) Puree the red peppers and gently fold into the cream.
5) Salt to taste.
Grilled Orange Pepper Jam:
1) Over high heat grill the peppers until skin blisters. Remove the skins and puree in a food processor.
2) Put the pepper in a small pot with the rest of the ingredients and cook over low heat until mixture begins to thicken.
3) Remove from heat and let cool.
1) Divide soup between 4 bowls. Add a dollop of jam and the pepper cream. Top with the brunoised peppers.Recipe and image used with permission and courtesy of Wusthof. All rights reserved. Recipe by Amanda Cohen, Chef and Owner of Dirt Candy, New York, NY.