1. Roast jalapeno peppers for approximately 30 minutes at 400 degrees
2. Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch thick sticks and submerge in cold water until ready to blanch.
3. Blanch sticks until just barely cooked through (Approximately 4 minutes).
4. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Cool/dry frites overnight in refrigerator.
6. On the next day, toss frites with oil/lard to coat.
7. Bake in oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes with plenty of space between frites to ensure they get crispy, flipping halfway through to prevent burning.
8. Combine all pimento cheese ingredients together in food processor and mix until completely blended. Mixture should still have visible chunks of pimento and peppers.
9. Cover frites in cheese mixture and place under broiler until melted (Approximately 5 minutes). Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and image used with permission and courtesy of Wusthof. All rights reserved. Recipe by Jonathan Sawyer, Chef and Owner of The Greenhouse Tavern and Noodlecat, Cleveland OH.