1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a stock pot, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil and then add rice.
3. Cook rice for 10 minutes and then cool on a sheet tray.
4. Chop turnips, garlic, fennel, and onion until finely minced.
5. Season vegetables with salt and pepper.
6. Spread vegetables on a sheet tray and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
7. Puree beans in a food processor until smooth, about 2 minutes.
8. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix by hand, gradually adding rice flour to mixture.
9. Portion mixture into 4 ounce patties.
10. Heat 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat.
11. Cook patties in sauté pan, two at a time for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
12. Serve on a bun with cheddar cheese and sliced dill pickles. Makes 4 Servings.
Recipe and image used with permission and courtesy of Wusthof. All rights reserved. Recipe by Jonathan Sawyer, Chef and Owner of The Greenhouse Tavern and Noodlecat, Cleveland OH.