1. Cut the asparagus in 2 inch pieces.
2. Blanch the asparagus briefly in boiling water until just tender and set aside.
3. Fill the stock pot with water and start on high heat
4. Place a metal bowl atop the stock pot (be careful, this gets hot!) and add the butter to the bowl.
5. add the garlic, milk, and goat cheese to the bowl, letting the heat from the boiling water cook the sauce. Don't worry about lumps of cheese--the hot pasta will take care of this!
6. When the water comes to a boil, remove the bowl from the stock pot and cook the pasta as directed.
7. Once the pasta is done, drain and add to the bowl of sauce. Add the asparagus and stir up.
Enjoy with a good friend and a glass of wine (recommendation: Chianti)
Recipe provided by Le Creuset