This recipe is for the Tramontina LYON 6-quart Square Roaster. Makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
1. Season hens inside and out with salt and pepper.
2. Heat olive oil and butter in LYON roaster until hot. Sear hens in roaster on medium high heat until brown on all sides. Take hens out of roaster and place onto rack. Do not rinse out roaster.
3. Place two lemon wedges and 1 sprig rosemary in cavity of each hen.
4. Place rack with hens into roaster.
5. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and butter. Pour over the hens.
6. In another small bowl, combine the paprika, salt, pepper, thyme and garlic powder; sprinkle over hens.
7. Bake covered at medium heat on the stovetop for approx. 45 minutes or until the meat is tender and the juices run clear.
8. Using pot holders, carefully lift out rack from the roaster.
9. Add the flour to the drippings in the pan and stir for 1 minute. Add the white wine and chicken stock. Stir until it bubbles and thickens. Add more chicken stock for desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.