This recipe is for the Tramontina LYON 11-inch Grill Pan. Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2-1/2 hours (allow additional time based on marinating time over 2 hours).
1. In a bowl, stir balsamic vinegar, sugar, garlic and salt.
2. Whisk in oil.
3. Place flank steak in a pan or Ziploc bag large enough to accommodate the meat and the marinade. Add the marinade.
4. Marinate meat in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or as long as 24 hours. Flip the meat half way through the marinating process.
5. Heat up a LYON 11-inch Grill Pan using medium heat.
6. Cook flank steak 5 minutes on each side and bring meat to medium rare. The USDA recommends using a meat thermometer to ensure an internal temperature of 145 F.
7. Remove meat from the grill pan and allow it to rest on a cutting board for at least ten minutes to redistribute the juices in the center to the outer edges.
8. Slice meat at a 45 degree angle with a knife, 1/4 inch thick, across the grain.