Tramontina LYON Stovetop Banana Walnut Bread
This recipe is for the Tramontina LYON 6-quart Square Roaster with loaf pan inserts. Makes two loaves, 8 servings each
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
1. Using a mixer, cream butter and sugar for 3 minutes.
2. Add eggs and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
3. Add mashed bananas, mix well.
4. In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Add 1/2 of the sifted dry ingredients to the banana mixture, mix well.
6. Add buttermilk, mix well.
7. Add the remaining dry ingredients and nuts. Mix until just combined.
8. Butter and flour two loaf pans. Place loaf pans inside LYON roaster.
9. With lid on, preheat the roaster at medium heat on the stovetop for several minutes.
10. Carefully remove lid from cookware, pour batter equally into loaf pans.
11.Cover with lid and bake at low to medium heat on the stovetop for 50 minutes, or when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
12. Using pot holders, carefully remove loaf pans from the roaster and cool for 10 to 15 minutes in the pans.
13. Invert onto serving tray.