Tramontina LYON Chicken Dumpling Soup with Garden Fresh Vegetables
This recipe is for the Tramontina LYON 4-quart Dutch Oven. Make the dough before preparing the soup so the dough has time to sit. Makes 4 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
1. In a small microwavable bowl, microwave milk and butter until butter is melted.
2. In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Stir in club soda and the milk-butter mixture until dough forms a ball. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
4. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
1. In a LYON 4-quart Dutch oven, melt the butter and sauté onions until tender.
2. Add carrots, zucchini, mushrooms and thyme and cook until tender.
3. Add 5 cups chicken stock and chicken. Raise the heat to high. As soon as it boils lower the heat and simmer on a low simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Using a large slotted spoon, lift chicken out of stock then let cool on a plate.
5. Shred chicken into bite-sized pieces and return to pan.
6. Slowly whisk cream into chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Drop dumpling dough by teaspoonful into sauce, cover tightly and let simmer for 7 minutes.
8. Ladle soup into bowl, garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Serve immediately.