This recipe is for the Tramontina LYON 4-quart Dutch Oven. Makes 1 cake (6 to 8 servings)
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl sift together the flour, 1/3 cup of the cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
3. In another bowl whisk together eggs, granulated sugar, butter, coconut milk, and extracts.
4. Add the flour mixture, and stir the batter until it is just combined.
5. Stir in the coconut and spread the batter evenly in an ungreased LYON 4-quart Dutch oven.
6. In a bowl whisk together the remaining 1/3 cup cocoa powder, brown sugar, and water.
7. Pour the mixture over the batter.
8. Bake cake in the middle of the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until a tester comes out with crumbs adhering to it.
9. Serve the cake warm with vanilla bean ice cream.