This recipe is for the Tramontina LYON 5-quart Dutch Oven. Suggested sides include coleslaw, baked beans, baked macaroni and cheese, or corn on the cob. When selecting a bun, keep its flavor understated to keep focus on the tangy and flavorful pulled pork. Traditional pulled pork sandwiches are often topped off with a dollop of remaining sauce and coleslaw. Makes 4 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2-1/2 hours
1. Preheat oven to 300 F.
2. In a LYON 5-quart Dutch Oven, sauté onion in olive oil until soft, and the onions begin to caramelize.
3. Add chili powder, chipotle powder and paprika. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, salt and mustard. Stir to combine.
5. Add water. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
6. Add pork. Cover with a lid and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
7. Flip meat over and cook for an additional 45 minutes with the lid on.
8. Remove the lid and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
9. Remove the meat from the Dutch oven and shred with a fork.
10. Reduce remaining sauce to serve on the side.
11. Serve pork on a large bun, top with sauce.