This recipe is for the Tramontina LYON 6-quart Square Roaster with loaf pan inserts. Makes two loaves, 8 servings each
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1. Butter two loaf pans. Place loaf pans inside LYON 6-quart Square Roaster.
2. With lid on, preheat the roaster on medium heat for several minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornmeal and milk; let stand for 5 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix in the cornmeal mixture, eggs and oil until smooth.
5. Carefully remove lid from cookware, pour batter equally into loaf pans.
6. Place lid onto cookware and bake for 30 to 35 minutes on medium heat, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean.