This recipe is for the Tramontina LYON 5-quart Dutch Oven with tube cake pan insert. Makes 1 cake (8 servings)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes
1. Butter and flour the cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. To the butter and sugar mixture, add the eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition.
5. Add the dry ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk. Do this process in two stages, beginning and ending with the flour.
6. Add the lemon juice and the lemon zest, mix well.
7. With lid on, preheat the LYON Dutch oven on medium heat for 5 minutes.
8. Pour the batter into the nonstick cake pan and place inside the Dutch oven.
9. Cover and bake at high heat on the stovetop for 10 minutes.
10. Lower the heat to medium low and bake for an additional 50 minutes to 1 hour. The top of this cake will be very light in color.
11. Using pot holders, remove the cake pan from the roaster or Dutch oven.
12. Let cool for 10 minutes before inverting cake onto a serving platter.
13. Combine 2 cups powdered sugar with 4 to 6 tablespoons of lemon juice, depending on how thick or thin you prefer the glaze. Drizzle over the cake. Note: If the cake is still hot when glazing, most of the glaze will be absorbed by the cake.