Tramontina LYON Stovetop Chocolate Chipotle Cake
This recipe is for the Tramontina LYON 6-quart Square Roaster with loaf pan inserts. Makes 1 loaf cake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2-1/2 hours
1. Cream together butter, sugar and salt.
2. Add eggs. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
3. Add vanilla.
4. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and chipotle powder.
5. Add half the buttermilk.
6. Add half of the dry ingredients.
7. Add remaining buttermilk.
8. Add remaining dry ingredients.
9. Fold in chocolate chips with a spatula.
10. Spoon cake batter into the sprayed LYON Loaf Pan insert and place in LYON 6-quart Covered Square Roaster. Cover with the lid.
11. Turn burner to low-medium heat.
12. Bake on top of the stove for 1 hour 15 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cake should come out clean.
13. Remove cake pan from roasting pan and allow cake to cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before removing it to finish cooling on a rack.
14. While cake is cooling, sift 2 cups of confectioners' sugar in a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add a few drops of water until glaze falls easily from the spoon.
15. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake. Allow glaze to dry completely before serving.