This recipe is for the Tramontina LYON 5-quart Dutch Oven with tube cake pan insert. Makes 1 cake (8 to 10 servings).
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
1. Cream together sugar, butter, salt and zest, approximately 3 minutes.
2. Add yolks and egg. Scrape sides of bowl with spatula.
3. Add vanilla and yogurt. Scrape sides of bowl with spatula.
4. Add remaining ingredients. Finish mixing with spatula.
5. Place cake batter into a Cake Pan insert and place pan into LYON 5-quart Dutch Oven. Cover with lid and place on the stovetop on a low to medium burner.
6. Bake for 1 hour. A toothpick inserted into the cake should come out clean.
7. Once baked, remove the pudding pan and allow cake to sit (while still in the pan) for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, invert onto a cooling rack to finish the cooling process.
8. Serve cooled cake with a sprinkling of powdered sugar, a dollop of gently sweetened whipped cream and fresh seasonal berries.