Classic Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken
1. Bring a quart of water to a simmer in a small saucepan. Simmer the egg in the shell for one minute, then remove the egg and chill in a cold water bath.
2. Cut romaine into 1-inch pieces, wash and place in colander or salad spinner to dry.
3. Slice the baguette into half-inch thick slices; brush with 1/4-cup olive oil. Bring a large fry pan to medium-high heat and toast the baguettes until lightly browned. Remove from pan and rub with 1 clove garlic to flavor the toast. Set aside.
4. Mince 2 cloves garlic. In a glass bowl, add minced garlic and anchovy paste and stir until combined.
5. Crack the coddled egg into the garlic-anchovy mixture and add the lemon juice. Beat until smooth.
6. Slowly add 1 cup of olive oil while whisking continuously.
7. Season to taste with Kosher salt, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Add half the grated cheese.
8. Tear Romaine leaves into bite-sized pieces and transfer to a large bowl. Pour dressing over leaves and toss until coated.
9. Plate and serve immediately, topped with remaining cheese and grilled chicken breasts, if using. Place toasted baguette slices to the side. Makes 6 entree-sized servings.