Tortilla Soup with Avocado from Chef Michelle B
1. Heat the olive oil in the Soup Pot. Sauté the tortilla pieces with the onion and garlic until tortillas soften.
2. Add the spices, cook stirring for 3 minutes.
3. Add the tomato and tomato puree, cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add chicken stock.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add all contents of soup in blender. Puree the soup until smooth.
7. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
8. Serve the soup topped with a few avocado slices, crispy tortillas, cheese and a squeeze of half a lime. Serves 4 to 6.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle Bernstein and Fagor