Makes 20 servings. Recipe is easily halved.
1. Preheat large Dutch oven or heavy soup pot on medium high. Add vegetable oil. Add cubed pork and sear until nicely browned. Remove pork from pot. Pour off oil, reserving 3 tablespoons.
2. Add the 3 tablespoons of reserved oil back to the pot. Turn heat to medium. Add chopped onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté until onions are tender.
3. Add ground cumin and cubes of seared pork. Add 4 cups chicken stock and stir to mix. Simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, longer if you have the time. Add more chicken stock if needed.
4. Add poblano chilies, jalapenos and bell peppers.
5. Puree tomatillos and cilantro in a blender, and add to pot. Stir to blend. Cook an additional 30 to 45 minutes.
6. Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed. Serve hot with Spanish rice and refried beans.