1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Butter and lightly flour a 9-inch deep dish pie pan, 7-inch by 10-inch rectangular baking dish, or 9-inch square baking dish.
3. To the baking dish, add cherries and slivered almonds, distributing evenly on bottom of dish.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, salt, and flour until smooth.
5. Add milk, Amaretto or almond extract, and vanilla extract. Whisk again until smooth.
6. Pour batter into baking dish, covering cherries and slivered almonds.
7. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Clafouti should be lightly browned and toothpick inserted into center should come out clean. The clafouti will wiggle a bit when you pull the baking dish out of the oven.
8. Place baking dish on a wire rack to cool. Note that the clafouti puffs up during baking and deflates as it cools.
9. When cool, dust lightly with powdered sugar and serve. Makes 6 servings