1. Make Cake: Scald milk; add butter and water. Cool to lukewarm.
2. Place 2 cups flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and dough hook to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix 15 seconds. Gradually add warm liquid to bowl, mixing 1 minute. Add egg and mix 1 minute longer. Continuing on Speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on Speed 2 for 2 minutes longer.
3. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
4. Punch down dough and divide in half. Roll each half to 9 inch circle. Place one circle in bottom of greased 9-inch springform pan.
5. Make Cinnamon Crumb Filling: Mix all filling ingredients with fork until crumbly.
6. Assemble: Sprinkle one quarter of the Cinnamon Crumb Filling over dough. Arrange half the apple slices on filling; sprinkle another quarter filling over apples. Place remaining dough circle in pan and repeat layers with remaining apples and crumb mixture. Cover; let rise in warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. 7. Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove sides of springform pan immediately and cool on wire rack. Makes 1 coffee cake
Recipe courtesy of KitchenAid