Roasted Pork Chops with Chipotle Cranberry Glaze
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and arrange rack in the middle of the oven.
2. In a small sauté pan, sauté ginger, onions and garlic until tender, but not browned. In a food processor, combine sautéed onion, garlic and ginger with catsup, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, cranberry sauce, vinegar, chipotle powder and lime juice. Process until smooth. Pour contents into a small saucepan, bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 7 to 10 minutes or until reduced to desired thickness. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and rub them all over with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
4. Using a large oven-safe frying pan, heat pan over medium-high for 3 to 4 minutes. Place the chops in the pan and cook undisturbed until they are golden brown on the bottom, about 3 minutes.
5. Flip the chops over and immediately place the pan in the oven. Bake until the chops are golden brown on the second side and the internal temperature registers 145 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of each chop, about 7 to 10 minutes. If desired, brush with sauce halfway through cooking.
6. Allow pork to rest 5 minutes before serving with chipotle sauce.