1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In large mixer bowl, combine sugar, butter and almond extract. Beat at medium speed until creamy (2 to 3 minutes). Reduce speed to low; add flour. Beat until well-mixed (2 to 3 minutes). Cover and chill dough for at least 1 hour.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. With your thumb, make indentation in center of each cookie (edges may crack slightly). Fill each indentation with about 1/4 teaspoon of jam.
4. Bake for 14 to 18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely on rack.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together all glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies. Makes 3-1/2 dozen cookies.