For a sweeter cookie, increase the amount of sugar to 1 cup. Makes 2 dozen cookies
1. To food processor bowl, add flour, tea and salt. Pulse until tea is ground up and evenly dispersed throughout the mixture.
2. Add sugar, vanilla, zest, butter and nuts. Pulse in 1-second pulses just until dough comes together. Turn out on large piece of plastic wrap. Gather dough and form into a log, about 2-1/2 inches in diameter. Seal dough in plastic wrap and tightly twist the ends. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets or cookie sheets with silicone liner or parchment paper.
4. Remove dough from plastic wrap. Slice log into thick disks, about 1/3-inch. Place disks on lined baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Makes 2 dozen cookies
Adapted from "Earl Grey Shortbread Cookie" recipe by Claire Robinson at www.foodnetwork.com