Makes about 1 quart.
1. Place almonds in a bowl and cover with cold water. Let soak overnight.
2. Drain almonds in colander and rinse well with cold water.
3. Place almonds, water and vanilla extract in blender jar. Blend on highest speed for 2 minutes or until smooth.
4. Line a strainer with damp cheesecloth. Place strainer over bowl. Pour in the almond mixture a little at a time. Gently stir the mixture to help the liquid pass through the cheesecloth and sieve. When you have strained all of the mixture, gather up the corners of the cheesecloth and twist them together. Hold over the bowl and squeeze the cheesecloth to expel any remaining liquid from the almond pulp.
5. Pour almond milk into a glass jar with tight fitting lid and store in refrigerator. Use within 3 to 4 days. Makes about 1 quart.