Crispy Duck Breast with Braised Fennel - Instructions
1. Cut off and discard stalks from fennel bulbs, reserving fronds.
2. Chop 1 tablespoon fronds and set aside.
3. Cut bulbs lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices, leaving core intact.
4. Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then brown
fennel slices well, turning over once, 3 to 4 minutes total.
5. Reduce heat to low. Sprinkle fennel with salt and pepper, then add duck stock or water.
6. Cook, covered, until fennel is tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle with fennel fronds.
7.Toss with a little red wine vinegar, shallot, parsley, and olive oil.