Gingerbread Cookies - Instructions
1.In a stand mixer bowl with a flat beater attached, add granulated sugar and shortening and set to
speed 4 until it is light and fluffy. Beat in egg, molasses and vinegar.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, ground ginger, baking soda, ground cloves and salt. Reduce the
speed to stir and mix in the flour mixture, in 3 additions.
3. Divide the dough into 3 disks and wrap with plastic. Refrigerate the dough for at least 3 hours.
4. To prepare the frosting: In a stand mixer bowl with the flat beater attached and set to speed 4, beat
butter until it's smooth and creamy. Reduce the speed mix in confectioner's sugar in 2 additions and
vanilla. Set frosting aside.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
6. Flour work surface and rolling pin. Work with one disk at a time. Roll out dough to a 1/8 of an inch