How to Grill with Charcoal
1. Pour charcoal briquettes into a grill well to form a pyramid about 10 inches high.
2. Douse with lighter fluid.
3. Light with a match, never add lighter fluid to a lit fire.
4. The charcoal is ready when the coals are glowing red and coated with light grey ash, about 25 minutes.
5. To add a smoky taste to your food you can make a tin foil wood chip pocket. First soak wood chips in water overnight.
6. Take a large piece of tin foil and fold in half, then add the wood chips and fold the ends in, but leave a little hole so the smoke can escape once the chips start to heat up.