Heart-Smart Sweet Potato Muffins - Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. Combine whole-wheat flour and next six ingredients (whole-wheat flour through salt)
in a mixing bowl.
3. Combine milk, egg whites and oil in a separate bowl. Whisk well.
4. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into the well
and stir until just combined. Gently fold in sweet potato and pears.
5. Fill muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake 18 to 20
minutes, until centers spring back when touched. Makes 12 muffins.
Recipe provided by Mary Carter for Relish, relishmag.com