Cherry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake - Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
2. To prepare the streusel, combine flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Cut in
butter with a pastry blender or two knives until crumbly. Stir in almonds.
3. To prepare the cream cheese, combine cream cheese and granulated sugar; stir until
4. To prepare the cake, beat butter, granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla and almond
extracts until evenly blended. Turn to low speed, add flour, baking powder and salt
alternately with milk; beat until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Top with small
spoonfuls of cheese mixture. Top with sherries and sprinkle with streusel.
5. Bake 50 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on wire
rack. Serve warm. Serves 9.
Recipe provided by Jean Kressy for Relish, relishmag.com