Grilled Radicchio Treviso With Scamorza Cheese
|4 heads||Treviso radicchio|
|1/2 cup||olive oil|
|1 cup||grated Scamorza cheese|
|3 tablespoons||balsamic vinegar|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
1. Wash and trim radicchio, and leave heads intact. Cut lengthwise into quarters.
2. Brush olive oil on the pieces and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill radicchio, covered for a total of 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes. Outsides should be charred slightly, but not burnt.
4. Sprinkle cheese over cut sides of radicchio. Grill, uncovered, until cheese melts.
5. Drizzle with vinegar and serve.