Blueberry Chocolate Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache and Toasted Coconut - Instructions
1. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans and dust with cocoa powder. Line bottoms of the pans with parchment
paper and grease the parchment as well.
2. Preheat oven to 375F with a rack in the middle.
3. Sift flours, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl
4. In a separate bowl, combine the blueberry-cucumber pulp, vegetable oil, chilled tea, and vanilla.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine with a rubber spatula. Add the vinegar and mix in
with as few strokes as possible (it's okay if there are streaks in the batter).
6. Pour batter into the prepared pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, testing doneness with a wooden
7. Let cakes cool in their pans for 5 to 10 minutes before running a knife around the edge of each pan
and unmolding to cool completely.
While cakes are cooling, put the papaya pulp and a tablespoon or two of orange juice into a small
saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add a tablespoon of sugar and stir as the mixture simmers gently for
about 5 minutes. Cook until you have a thick, spreadable paste. Cool.