Risotto with Pancetta, Zucchini, Basil & Parmesan - Instructions
1. Heat the butter and oil together in the French Oven over a medium heat on the
stovetop. Add the onion, garlic, and pancetta. Fry gently, stirring continuously,
until they just begin to color.
2. Stir in the rice and cook until all the butter and oil are absorbed. Add the
zucchini and cook for 1 minute. Move the Wide Oven away from the heat, add the wine
and 1 cup of the hot stock, together with the basil leaves and seasonings.
3. Return the Wide Oven to the heat, stir well and leave to simmer gently for 10-15
minutes. Stir occasionally.
4. Add 1 cup of the hot stock and continue simmering and stirring for 10-15 minutes
longer. Repeat this process until all the stock is used. After the last addition, stir
frequently. The consistency should be very moist and creamy with the rice grains soft,
but remaining whole.
5. Remove the Wide Oven from the heat and stir in three quarters of the parmesan