Tramontina LYON Stovetop Cinnamon Swirl Bread
|1/2 cup||milk (heated to 100 F)|
|1 teaspoon||active dried yeast|
|1||egg, room temperature |
|1||egg, beaten for egg wash|
|1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon|| granulated sugar|
|2-1/4 cups||all-purpose flour|
|3/4 cup||brown sugar|
|3/4 stick||unsalted butter, room temperature|
|1 cup||chopped pecans (optional)|
|1 cup||raisins (optional)|
This recipe is for the Tramontina LYON 5-quart Dutch Oven. Makes 8 to 10 servings
Prep Time: 2-1/4 hours
Total Time: 3-1/2 hours
1. Heat milk to 100 F. Add honey to milk. Add yeast. Allow yeast mixture to sit for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine granulated sugar and flour. Melt all but 2 tablespoons of the butter.
3. Add 1 egg, salt and melted butter to yeast mixture. Mix thoroughly. Once mixed, immediately add to dry ingredients.
4. Knead dough on counter for 5 minutes, adding more flour if needed. The dough should not be sticking to your hands.
5. Once kneading is completed, place dough in LYON 5-quart Dutch Oven and cover with the lid. Allow dough to rise for 1 hour.
6. After one hour, take out dough and roll into a rectangle approximately 14-inch x 24-inch. Spread remaining 2 tablespoons butter over dough.
7. Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Evenly distribute mixture over buttered dough.
8. At this point, nuts and raisins may be added. (Optional)
9. Roll dough into a long rope. Curl dough around in the Dutch oven. Cover with lid and allow dough to rise for 45 minutes. Brush with beaten egg once dough has risen for 45 minutes, taking care not to deflate dough.
10. Place Dutch oven on burner, turn to low and bake for 35 minutes until the bread is golden brown.
11. Remove bread from Dutch oven and allow to cool.